Department of Surgery
- Associate Resident
- Assistant Resident
- Senior Resident
- Junior Resident
HODDr. Ajay Kumar
Department of Surgery
The Department of Surgery started since the inception of HIMS in year2007 1st Batch of MBBS started in 2009. HIMS Safedabad Barabanki was recognized in year 2013 vide letter no.U.12012/548/2014-ME(P-II) by MCI Surgery is an essential and major subject for undergraduate MBBS course. This basic science for MBBS starts from 4th semester to 9th semester in which education of the highest standard was taught by theory lectures, clinical posting , live demonstration of operative surgery and microteaching etc, under guidance of experienced faculty. This hospital is recognized for Internship training.
AIMS & OBJECTVES
At the end of the course, the student should be able to:
To impart par excellence teaching environment for UG and PG students. The department undertakes special efforts to upgrade and sustain the recent methods of teaching & operative skills.
To facilitate students for group discussions, presentations, and overall personal and academic development.
- OT: - There are 6 OT's. There are four major OT's with two minor OT's. There is separate emergency OT near casualty department. There is separate endoscopic & laparoscopic OT with all equipment for various procedures like Lap cholecystectomy, PCNL, ESWL, TURP, upper GI endoscopy etc
- Lecture theaters: - There are five lecture theaters where subject of surgery is being taught through lectures, demonstrations, and seminars. These lecture theaters are well equipped with computers, OHP, sound systems etc.
- Museum: - There is one museum with various specimens, chart and posters.
- Library-Central library is well equipped with books, journals and in access to many online journals. There is separate departmental library well equipped with books and journals.
- Superspecialization department: - There are fully functional Reconstructive Surgical Center and Urology Department doing various operations of their specialty.
Research: - Various research works are being done with collaboration of others Departments. The postgraduate course in Surgery is going to start very soon for which preparations have been done.
This department simultaneously caters to the academic needs of undergraduate students of MBBS, internship training, emergency trauma case, nursing and paramedical courses.